Academy Pet Hospital has numerous policies to help us reduce, reuse and recycle. We care about our environment tremendously and are setting forth a precedent for future generations including our fur-babies!
Here are some things we do at Academy Pet Hospital to reduce our carbon footprint:
- Use a recycle bin for 90% of our recyclable waste.
- Require double-sided printing and print on scrap paper whenever possible.
- Use digital radiography instead of conventional film X-rays.
- Use electronic medical records instead of file folders and paper forms.
- We use 100% recycled copy paper, ordered from a local vender.
- Offer email receipts and email handouts. We only print items when needed.
- Lab results are viewable on our PetDesk App and have an option to be emailed.
- Use washable coffee mugs.
- Towels are used for our tables reducing materials used and making the animal comfortable during there visit.
- Use the Internet is used for marketing and advertising.
- Use our website to distribute information to our clients.
- Recycle everything we can, including used paper, plastics, cardboard and printing cartridge.
- Use landscaping plants that are mostly native and drought-resistant.
- Use low-flow drip system for landscaping.
Suggestions are always welcome to help us with our Green Initiative here at Academy Pet Hospital!